As parents, relatives and allies we perceive our mission as:
- Building a network of European Parents of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and non-normative people to act as an umbrella organisation for the respect of their dignity and protection. We offer a collective voice that empowers advocacy for our children’s rights and duties.
- Believing unconditional inclusion and acceptance is our family’s strength.
- Acting as gate-openers and bridge-builders, to help improve policies for better equality and inclusion of ALL our children. As parents we do this in a compelling and authentic way.
- Standing in defence of all LGBTI+ persons and their families, by expressing solidarity and offering our support.
- Providing safe spaces for discussion and engagement with difficult, controversial and delicate LGBTI+ related issues.
- Actively promote human dignity by eradicating homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and any form of discrimination and hate crime on the grounds of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sexual characteristics.
- Ensuring protection from human rights’ violations, inequality and violence by addressing any fears and barriers that often paralyze our societies from affirming LGBTI+ persons and their families.
- Engaging in the process to change hearts and minds by speaking truth to power: for legal, political, institutional and social change.
- Demonstrating international solidarity with other parents of LGBTI+ people by offering a platform whereby we can stand together, with other discriminated groups of people, offering mutual support at combatting oppression and discrimination and in achieving equality both within Europe and in other regions of the world.